Access to the Deal Registration Program is available to channel partners that are currently in good standing with Tier1 Asset Management Ltd (each, a “Partner”). The terms and conditions below and the “Registration Guidelines” set out the procedures for Partners to register opportunities through the Tier1 Deal Registration Portal.
As used herein, “Deal Registration Program” means the deal registration program offered to Partners by Tier1.
- Deal Registration Criteria
An opportunity is eligible for Deal Registration if the Partner and the Partner’s opportunity meet all of the following criteria as determined in Tier1’s sole discretion:
- a) The deal is for a single business opportunity for the resale of Tier1 products and services to an end-user.
- b) The deal is not being pursued directly by Tier1 and there is no relevant ongoing Tier1 sales activity in the account at the time the Partner submits the deal registration. In certain circumstances, despite Tier1 indicating a direct pursuit of the deal, the Partner may reach out to Tier1 to discuss a potential collaboration on the deal.
- c) The deal is not registered by another partner. However, in certain circumstances, Tier1 may grant registrations to multiple Partners for the same deal.
- e) The deal is not the subject of a Public Tender that has been published; provided, however, that before the Public Tender has been published, the Partner shall be eligible to register the deal. “Public Tender” means a request for proposal (RFP), request for information (RFI), invitation for bid (IFB), or similar public sector tender process that is subject to public procurement laws or regulations.
- f) The size of the deal meets the Minimum Deal Size.
- g) Before registering a deal, the Partner must substantiate (to Tier1’s satisfaction) pre-sales efforts related to such deal, such as, but not limited to, meeting with the end-user’s decision-makers, qualifying the deal, helping the end-user to quantify the project budget with Tier1 products or services, or helping the end-user to define the project requirements to include Tier1 products or services. Partners must include a description of such efforts in the Any other supporting information section of the deal registration portal. In addition, Partner must document such efforts, including proof of date and time, to be provided to Tier1 on request.
- h) The Partner must provide sufficient information when registering the deal to allow Tier1 to determine whether the Partner is well positioned to service the deal and whether to approve the deal registration.
- Deal Registration Process
Partner must comply with all of the following to register a deal:
- a) The deal must meet the criteria set out in Section 2 above.
- b) The Partner must accurately submit the deal for review via Tier1’s deal registration tool. Each deal registration must represent a single deal with a single end-user. Partner may not combine deals or end-user accounts for any purpose. Partner must apply for a separate deal registration for additional or different business opportunities.
- c) The Partner must be the first to submit the deal with complete and accurate deal information. When submitting deal registration for approval, Partner must provide known end-user information, including end-user’s full company name, correctly and fully spelled.
- d) Tier1 will notify the Partner by e-mail that the deal registration is approved, and deal has been registered (“Deal Registration”), or that the deal registration has been declined. Tier1 will strive to notify Partners of its decision within two business days wherever possible.
- Deal Registration Term & Renewals
Unless a different period is specified, each Deal Registration will be valid for ninety (90) days beginning from the date of Tier1’s notification of the Deal Registration approval (“Registration Term”). In its sole discretion, Tier1 may grant an extension or renewal of the Registration Term before the Deal Registration expires.
- Deal Registration Benefits
5.1 Subject to Section 6 (Exceptions) the following benefits will apply:
- a) If Partner is granted a Deal Registration, Tier1 will not proactively engage in direct- sales efforts for that deal specified in the Deal Registration.
5.2 A Partner must be current in its payments to Tier1 for all associated purchase orders during the Registration Term or Partner may not obtain Deal Registration benefits.
5.3 If a Partner submitted a deal registration request, and if the deal registration request is approved, then only such Partner will be entitled to Deal Registration benefits for that opportunity. Other Partners will not be entitled to any Deal Registration benefits or to advantaged pricing that Tier1 may offer to the Partner in connection with an approved deal registration.
6.1 Exceptions for Tier1 quotes and bids. Notwithstanding Section 5 (Deal Registration Benefits) above, Tier1 may, at its discretion, quote or bid for a deal in any of the following scenarios:
- a) The end-user requests that Tier1 quote or bid on the deal.
- b) The end-user is a current “active” direct customer of Tier1. An end-user account is considered “active” if product(s) were sold to the end user by Tier1 directly in the last twelve (12) months.
- c) The end-user has rejected the Partner’s bid or quote.
- d) The end-user uses Tier1 online sources, such as www.tier1.com or www.tier1online.com, to receive pricing.
- e) The Partner does not close the deal within the Registration Term, and no extension or renewal of the Registration Term has been granted. A deal is considered “closed” when Partner places a purchase order for products and services specified in the Deal Registration and pays the amount invoiced.
- g) The deal is the subject of a published Public Tender.
- h) Any of the scenarios set forth in Section 6.2 (Deal Registration Exceptions) below.
6.2 Deal Registration Exceptions. Notwithstanding Section 5 (Deal Registration Benefits) above, Tier1 may, at its discretion, deny, remove, rescind, suspend, or terminate any Deal Registration and/or registration access in any of the following scenarios:
- a) The Partner is not actively working the deal or has been inattentive to the end-user’s needs (for example, by failing to respond to the end-user’s or Tier1’s communications).
- b) The Partner does not lead with or quote Tier1 products or services identified in its registration form.
- c) The Partner quotes a competitor’s product or service for the registered opportunity.
- e) A Public Tender is issued only to a “vendor” (such as Tier1), calls for submissions only from “vendors” (such as Tier1), and/or excludes the partner community from submitting a bid.
- f) The Partner is not able to fulfil the deal or provide support for the end-user (for example, by failing to have sufficient credit available for the deal, if the end-user refuses to work with the Partner, or, with respect to government deals, if the Partner doesn’t possess the required security clearances or access to the Framework Agreement without requiring partnership with a third party).
- g) The end-user chooses to fulfil its bid requirements under a contract vehicle which is not held by the Partner, or in a manner that prevents the Partner from being able to fulfil such requirements.
- h) The Partner’s account has been placed on hold by Tier1 or the Partner has been late in paying invoices.
- i) It is determined that a deal is already registered to another Partner, unless multiple Deal Registration is permitted as described in Section 2(d) above.
- j) The Partner
(a) has submitted information that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, or fraudulent, or
(b) has engaged in conduct that causes damages, embarrassment, or adverse publicity to Tier1
(c) For any other reason as Tier1 shall determine in its sole discretion.
6.3 Section 5 (Deal Registration Benefits) above does not preclude the direct sales efforts of Tier1 in the circulation of marketing and other promotional materials as a part of marketing campaigns the end user has signed up for or has not opted out of.
6.4 If a Partner
(a) orders significantly more units than those detailed in the relevant Deal registration,
(b) utilizes deal specific pricing to order units for resale to end-users who were not part of the Deal Registration or not eligible for the deal-specific pricing and/or
(c) Partner persistently quotes a competitor’s product or service for the registered opportunity, Tier1 reserves the right to (as soon as this becomes apparent to Tier1) charge the Partner the standard list price applicable at the time of the Partner’s purchase order and the Partner shall pay the difference between the original invoiced price and the standard list price.
Tier1 also reserves the right to remove the partner from the Deal Registration programme.
If Partner failed to meet the foregoing requirements, then the Partner shall not be entitled to any remedy and Tier1 may in its sole discretion remove the Partner from this Deal Registration Program.
Partners must submit any disputes with Tier1 arising from or related to the Deal Registration Program via email including a written description of all issues, prior to commencing any formal dispute-resolution procedure.
At any time, Tier1 may audit any Partner’s deals and Deal Registrations for compliance including, but not limited to, verification of any reports, documents, purchase orders, invoices, or supporting information submitted in connection with Partner’s or Distributor’s registrations. Tier1 may, without prior notice, immediately suspend or terminate a Partner’s participation in this Deal Registration Program if any of the events in Section 6.2(J) occurs. Tier1’s records and systems shall be authoritative and conclusive for purposes of approving Deal Registrations and for administering the Deal Registration Program. Tier1 reserves the right to interpret these Registration Guidelines and approval or rejection of a deal registration submission at its sole discretion. Tier1’s decision will be non-negotiable and final. Tier1 does not guarantee the success or closure of any Deal Registration approved under the Deal Registration Program. The benefits of the Deal Registration Program cannot be combined with any other benefits, promotions, or offers. Tier1 reserves the right to modify, supersede, or eliminate all or any of these Registration Guidelines or to terminate this Deal Registration Program, in whole or in part, without notice.